13.6.13

what are you watching?

Now that the majority of the regular season television shows I watch have come to an end, I need a show or two to get me through the summer. I rarely watch a show when it actually airs, even during the regular season, but I like having a few shows in my queue for lazy Friday nights or rainy weekends.

I was actually realizing the other day, that there are actually a decent amount of shows I am looking forward to this summer. 

The Newsroom
I started watching this last summer and I am so glad they brought it back for a second season. I can't wait to see what news stories they cover and how the tangled love lives of Will, Mackenzie, Jim, Maggie, and Don play out. Plus, I love me some Sloan who makes Economics look so sexy (which all of us Econ majors already knew.) Plus, I gotta stick with the show's creator, Aaron Sorkin (The American President and West Wing, anyone?)

Ray Donovan
This is a new series on Showtime which follows Ray Donovan, a Hollywood fixer who is cool, calm, and collected when it comes to his professional life while his personal life is anything but. Basically, Ray Donovan is the male version of Scandal's Olivia Pope. Except in L.A. instead of D.C. And with flashy celebrities instead of politicians. I am really excited about this one.

Mistresses
This has already aired so I need to catch up but I am thinking this is going to be my guilty pleasure. I am curious to see how a show based on a group of friends' extramarital affairs plays out. This almost seems a little too Lifetime-y for me and I have a feeling it could bomb but, then again, some of my favorite American shows that were based on British shows (The Office, Shameless) have done well. I will let you know how it goes.

Game of Thrones
Yes, I know the season finale was last week - everyone on my Facebook feed let me know about it. Apparently, the Hubs and I decided, we should be watching this. We are thinking the summer would be a good time to catch up. This is not my usual cup of tea but I am willing to give it a chance. (Besides, I have found myself recently sucked into Da Vinci's Demons which is not what I would gravitate towards either.) 

West Wing
Anyone want to buy me the whole series on DVD? I want to re-watch.

What shows are you looking forward to this summer?

1 comment:

  1. I'm watching Teen Wolf. True Blood, Dexter, and Breaking Bad will get me through the summer, too. Oh and of course, there is always Korean dramas.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.