18.6.13

grilled flank steak with chimichurri

I am really into sauces . . . and dips . . . and dressings - especially when they aren't bad for you. This was my first time making chimichurri and I don't know why I ever waited so long. This was wonderful drizzled on warm steak. The garlic and parsley become fragrant and the flavors melt in your mouth. It is heaven.

Once the steak was all gone from our fridge, I found myself putting the chimichurri on everything else. I usually reserve Friday nights for indulging in non-paleo things such as pizza or maki sushi rolls. However, on one particular Friday, a few nights after I had made this sauce, I found myself making some jasmine rice and topping it with grape tomatoes, cucumbers, grilled chicken, and the chimuchurri. It wasn't paleo but it certainly wasn't terrible for me. This stuff is seriously like crack.
Also, about the steak: I like my steak medium but we undercooked this a bit eating the edges that night for dinner so the rest of the steak could be reheated later on without becoming overcooked and chewy. Trust me, you are going to want leftovers so buy extra steak. And your coworkers are going to be so jealous when you are eating this for lunch.
GRILLED FLANK STEAK WITH CHIMICHURRI

flank steak
sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
2 c. parsley leaves, loosely packed
4 garlic cloves, crushed
2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/2 c. light olive oil

Season flank steak liberally with salt and pepper. Grill until cooked through as desired. 

While steak is grilling, add parsley, garlic, vinegar, salt, and red pepper flakes to a food processor. Process until garlic is minced. Add olive oil and process until just combined. (You don't want to end up making mayonnaise!)

Drizzled chimichurri over steak.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.