9.5.13

in the DR

If you don't mind, I would like to share a few photos from our trip to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. On Saturday, after a work event I had, we headed to Philly to stay in a hotel near the airport. We got up early on Sunday and headed to the airport. We got upgraded to first class which is always fun. I had a great time reclining my seat (they practically turn into beds.) We had about a 40 minute bus ride to our resort. Once we got there, we walked around the resort a bit and did a little bit of unpacking. Then we had a drink at the bar and headed to dinner.
On Monday, we explored a bit more of the resort and just hung out on the beach.
On Tuesday, I got up early to take a few pictures on the beach. Then we took advantage of a free shopping trip about 20 minutes away. We went to a cigar and chocolate factory. I bought a few cigars and come chocolate tea. After lunch, we spent a few hours at the beach.
On Wednesday, we went on an excursion. Of course, as soon as we got on the catamaran, I found out the lens on my SLR was broken and, of course, I didn't bring my point and shoot with me or an extra lens. So I had to shoot with my camera a certain way the entire day. Luckily, I had my under water camera as well. On the catamaran, we drank rum and cokes out of mini plastic cups and learned how to Merengue. Once we got to Sanoa Island (where the first Pirates of the Caribbean was filmed) the Hubs and I got a massage and tried a cup of Mama Juana. On our way back on the speedboat, we went to a natural pool with starfish.
On Thursday, we split our time between the pool and the beach. We also went to watch some of the singers that night and did a bit of dancing. 
We headed back on Friday. It was a fun trip and it was nice to have a break. 

Do you have any fun vacations planned?

2 comments:

  1. I love Punta cana :) Been there twice....and counting :) Love the photos!
    I already had my "summer" vacations(earlier than usual) Went to miami+carnival breeze caribbean cruise.It was great!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.