12.2.13

spinach and hearts of palm dip

I used to make this dip with cannellini beans. It was a super simple recipe that was easy to bring along with me to parties with some pita chips. Everyone would rave about it and ask for the recipe.
I no longer eat beans now that I am eating Paleo so, the other day when I had a friend coming over, I decided to try this dip and substitute the beans with hearts of palm. It didn't have as creamy of a consistency and the hearts of palm gave it a tangier taste but it was delicious and we devoured the entire thing. And since plantain chips are my new obsession, I find them the perfect accompaniment.
SPINACH AND HEARTS OF PALM DIP

1/4 c. olive oil
2 gloves garlic
15 oz. can hearts of palm
2 1/2 c. baby spinach
juice from 1/2 lemon

Heat olive oil in a pan with garlic for about three minutes or until fragrant. Let cool.

In a food processor, puree hearts of palm, spinach, lemon juice, olive oil and garlic until desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper.

Dip away and enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. this recipe sounds perfect, five ingredients and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to pin this when I get home... I'm obsessed with hearts of palm.

    Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.