26.2.13

paleo cheddar bacon biscuits

I freaking love biscuits! I could eat ten of them and still want more. But really, since started Paleo, I haven't really craved them and it is easier to say no. 

A few weekends ago, however, I just didn't feel like eggs and that was all I seemed to have on hand for breakfast. I dug through my fridge and my kitchen cabinets and decided to try my hand at Paleo biscuits. 

These don't have the light, flaky texture of a normal biscuit but they quenched my craving and I really like them for breakfast or as a snack. 

PALEO CHEDDAR BACON BISCUITS
makes 8 biscuits

2 1/2 c. almond flour
1 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
3 slices crispy bacon, crumbled
1 scallion, minced
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 c. butter
2 eggs, beaten
2 Tbsp. butter 

Preheat oven to 350ยบ F. Line baking sheet with a silpat or parchment paper. 

In a bowl, stir together flour, cheese, bacon, scallions, and salt. Cut in the butter until very crumbly. Add eggs and combine to form a dough. 

Divide into 8 balls and place on baking sheet. 

Bake for about 15 minutes, testing with a toothpick to see if it comes out clean. 

Melt butter and brush over biscuits. 
Enjoy with a cup of tea!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man I love me some almond flour. These look delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmh, I just stuffed myself with food, yet these leave me craving for more <3 delicious

    xx
    Miuw @ CocoMiuw

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.