6.1.13

weekend: in manassas

gallivanting around in my grandmother's cape . . . we do ballet at our family gatherings . . . my cousins amongst the ripped wrapping paper . . . with my aunts, my sister, and my grandmother
~~~~
a little bit of inspiration from the coming week:

this made my heart swell

so excited for this cookbook to come out

getting organized
~~~~
Friday, I didn't do much. I ran a few errands, cooked something for our family gathering, and then went to bed. 

On Saturday, I got up, took the dog to my in-laws, and then got dressed. After the Hubs got home from working, we headed to Manassas to see some of my family. My grandmother and grandfather are moving so my aunt was in town from North Carolina to help them. My other aunt and uncle also live in Manassas so we did a little Christmas celebration. Our first stop was at my grandparents, where I acquired my grandmothers cape and mac (that is trench for you non-Brits) that she had gotten while in England (where she is from), an old Paddington Bear book and Winnie the Pooh book that I used to read when I would visit when I was little, and a few old pictures of my grandmother while she was in Paris. After spending a little time there, we headed over to my aunt and uncle's house for dinner and gifts. My youngest cousin, Melissa, squealed in excitement with every gift she opened. She was excited about EVERY SINGLE THING (even clothes) and that caused me to squeal too since it was one of the greatest things I have ever seen. I wish I would have gotten it on video. After that we headed back to Salisbury and got back late.

This morning, we slept in late - until 10 am. I took a shower and the Hubs surprised me with breakfast. Then we headed to the grocery store and then to my in-laws to pick up the pup. After that we watched football and I did some cooking to prep Whole30-friendly foods for the week. After a nap, the Hubs and I had dinner and now we are just hanging out. 

How was your weekend?

6 comments:

  1. These pictures are great, looks like you had a great weekend!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm super jealous of that ballet barre! I wish I had one in my house growing up. And I'm also impressed that your grandma spent time in Paris?? what a dream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cape is beautiful! What a great piece to get from your grandmother:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw looks like a lot of fun! :)

    www.tlnique.blogspot.com

    Enter my give-away on Fashiolista to win a €125 voucher

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.