17.1.13

the whole30 january challenge, update 3

{I will be doing the Whole30 during the month of January. You can read more about the Whole30 and my challenge here.}

I am officially over halfway there! Yay! Here are some fun links for this week's update:

The 10 Best Paleo Restaurants Across the Country

Panera's Hidden Menu

DAY TEN - Thursday, January 10th
I felt pretty good. I had a good workout at CrossFit.

Breakfast: sausage and sweet potato hash

Lunch: a salad from Chipotle with steak, veggies, extra mild salsa, and guacamole

Dinner: chicken fajita salad with lettuce, chicken, sautéed peppers and onions, guacamole, and salsa (using a lot of the same techniques from here)

DAY ELEVEN - Friday, January 11th
I actually started feeling a little under the weather later in the morning so I wasn't very hungry but I forced myself to eat. I also snuck in a few Old Bay almonds I made really quick so i wouldn't be tempted by the Hubs popcorn and soda.

Breakfast: sausage and sweet potato hash

Lunch: butternut squash soup and roasted chicken

Dinner: quick meat sauce over zuchini noodles

Snack: a few Old Bay almonds

DAY TWELVE - Saturday, January 12th
I still wasn't feeling very well. I met friends for an early dinner and I may have cheated by accident. I was so concerned about asking about the crab cake I was potentially ordering ("What does no filler acutally mean? Are there breadcrumbs?")  and make sure they didn't bring me mashed potatoes and doubled the green beans that I didn't ask about the steak. It came with a bordelaise sauce which has alcohol in it but I am not sure if it is a huge problem if it is cooked out. It only had a tiny bit though. And I didn't touch the huge plate of nachos that everyone ordered.

Snack: hot airborne (probably not paleo but necessary)

Late Breakfast: scrambled eggs, fried plantains, and avocado

Snack: a few almonds

Dinner: strip steak, crab cake, and green beans

Snack: hot herbal tea

DAY THIRTEEN - Sunday, January 13th
I still wasn't feeling that hot but I felt better than the day before. Definitely didn't feel like cooking breakfast.

Breakfast: Panera power breakfast egg bowl with steak

Lunch: salad from Chipotle with chicken, veggies, mild salsa, and guacamole

Snack: onion mushroom soup

Dinner: chinese style ribs with stir-fried veggies

Snack: way too many plantain chips

DAY FOURTEEN - Monday, January 14th
I felt much better and I realized I hadn't been as famished in between meals nor did I have nearly as many cravings.

Breakfast: scrambled eggs, fried plantains, avocado

Lunch: meat sauce over zuchini noodles

Dinner: indian style chicken wings, sautéed mushrooms, and cucumber salad

Snack: way too many plantain chips

DAY FIFTEEN - Tuesday, January 15th
I couldn't believe I was halfway through the Whole30. This was definitely getting easier.

Breakfast: scrambled eggs, fried plantains

Lunch: chicken wings, cucumber salad

Snack: onion mushroom soup

Dinner: cottage pie (from the Well Fed cookbook) and green beans

DAY SIXTEEN - Wednesday, January 16th
Since it was really busy at work, it was tough to remember to drink water. I felt like I was hungry more and it was harder to resist the cookies at an event I had after work. Note to self: drink more water and good for you for STILL not eating the cookies.

Breakfast: egg scramble with sausage, onions and peppers from a coffee shop near work

Lunch: cottage pie and green beans

Dinner: paleo chicken nuggets (that I had made a few weeks ago and froze for nights when I would need to grab and possibly eat in my car) and quick homemade ketchup

How have you been trying to stay healthy?

{Feel free to link up with your own Whole30 experience below. I will have a link up available over the next few Thursdays as well.}

2 comments:

  1. You are doing so well! I need to do a whole30 again but I'll have to admit, I've been really lazy lately.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.