2.1.13

pork chops with apples and leeks

I got the idea for this recipe at one of my favorite local restaurants, Sobo's Wine Beerstro. I was home for a Wednesday night during travel season and I decided to join the Hubs for their half-priced bottles of wine night. While we were there, we decided to have dinner. I opted for their seared scallops which they served with apples, leeks, bacon, and mashed sweet potatoes. It was delicious and, I realized, Paleo-friendly.

Since I love the fall pairing of pork and apples, I decided to swap out the scallops for chops and leave out the bacon (since we already had some pork.) This is a great dish and it is sure to become a staple in our home.

PORK CHOPS WITH APPLES AND LEEKS
serves 3-4 

4 pork chops
olive oil
2 leeks, white and light green parts rinsed and chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 Gala apples, chopped
1 1/2 c. chicken broth
1/2 Tbsp. dried thyme

Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Coat pan with a little bot of oil. Sear the chops on medium-high, about two minutes on each side. Remove from pan and set aside.

In the same pan, cook leeks and garlic for about one minute. Add in apples and cook for about three minutes. Add thyme and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, add pork chops and cook until chops are cooked through for about five minutes.

Serve over mashed sweet potatoes. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this looks delicious!!! I'm a surprisingly huge fan of leeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM ! i make something similar -- rather than leaks, it has caramelized onions, and the pork is dressed with whole-grain mustard.

    Happy New Year !

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.