15.1.13

onion and mushroom soup

I was feeling a bit under the weather this past weekend. I would usually turn to chicken noodle soup or Julie's flu chaser soup but neither of those are paleo. My friend, Ledesa, has been talking about figuring out the recipe for the onion soup you get before sushi sometimes. I figured this would be a good time to try.

This isn't exactly how the onion soup tastes in Japanese restaurants but it is very good and is perfect for sick days. Plus, it is super simple - who wants to spend a lot of time in the kitchen when they are sick? I do plan to keep trying to figure out the onion soup recipe, however. I added some mushrooms for a bit of depth and for something to munch on.

ONION AND MUSHROOM SOUP
serves 4-6

3 c. beef broth
7 c. chicken broth
1 medium onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
3 scallions, sliced
1 c. baby bella mushrooms, sliced paper-thin

Bring broth to a boil. Add onion and garlic and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove onions and garlic from broth. Garnish with scallions and mushroom.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.