27.12.12

the whole 30 january challenge

I have talked about eating Paleo here on the blog but I actually have never done the Whole30. After all of the holiday junk and feeling weighed down and just plain icky, I think it is time. So, starting on January 1st, right when the clock strikes midnight, I will be starting the Whole30.

Basically, during the Whole30, you are eating very strict Paleo - no cheats! It is supposed to detox your body of sugar and those processed food cravings so you can follow the Paleo lifestyle more easily. 

I am not going to lie: over the past two weeks, I have been eating crap. I think it is going to be very difficult for my body to readjust but it is going to be worth it. 

While my SIL was here the past few days for the holiday, she noticed my It Starts With Food book lying around and picked up. She was so impressed by what she has read so far that she is actually going to do the Whole30 with me. She also suggested we check in with each other daily through email to keep each other on track. The Hubs is going to do it with us as well.

But I wanted to give you the opportunity to have a support group too if you are going to do the Whole30. Every Thursday through January, I will post about my progress as well as provide a link-up for all of you. If you are a blogger, post about your experience and link-up. If you don't have a blog, you can comment on my post to let us know about your progress.

To learn more about the Whole30, visit the website. You can also look back on some Paleo posts I have written here. In order to be successful, you need to do a little planning.

Who wants to join in and start the new year off right?

3 comments:

  1. Eeee good luck! You'll find it a lot easier than you think. I'm probably going back to a mostly Paleo diet in February; cleanse my body before the marathon. But until then, I do need a lot of carbs haha. But I can't wait to read about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you, girl! I am doing a Whole30 for the month of January too! I am so excited!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.