18.12.12

chrissy's sausage balls

My friend, Chrissy, makes these for her holiday party every year. And, really, they are like my crack. Instead of eating all the yummy things at her party this year, I stood by the table and ate no less than twenty sausage balls.

And I love that every time I say sausage balls, I laugh. This is probably because I have the humor of a fifteen year-old boy. (I especially laughed when I typed out Chrissy's Sausage Balls.)

I made these a bit more Paleo-friendly by using almond flour and baking powder instead of the all-purpose baking mix the original recipe called for. Also, if you are planning to serve these right out of the oven, I think there is too much cheese. I would reduce the cheese by about a cup so they aren't as greasy. However, if you plan to make these the day before and nuke them before you serve them, like I did for my work party, the measurements of the cheese are just fine. (But I am sure if you still wanted to reduce the amount of cheese it would work too.)
CHRISSY'S SAUSAGE BALLS
makes about 70 balls

2 16 oz. packages of Original flavor Jimmy Dean pork sausage
1.5 c. almond flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 c. finely chopped onion
1/2 c. finely chopped celery
2 tsp. minced garlic
4 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 375° F. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Form into 1-inch balls. Place on a ungreased baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes until golden brown. Let balls rest for 5 minutes before serving.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Those look amazing! I wish I had seen this recipe before my potluck today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my MIL makes something like this ... except with no veg & she uses bisquick rather than regular flour, which makes them even more evil.

    i always vow not to eat them, but once i start drinking, it's impossible to say no.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.