4.12.12

2012 holiday gift guide: the hostess

1. Every hostess could use a lazy susan for parties. It would be great for a pizza party or it could host a confiture spread for a special brunch. 
2. Coasters are a must for entertaining, especially when they are eye-catching like these agate coasters
3. I am obsessed with this state cutting board. I am would use it to display mini crab cakes (because that's what Maryland does.)
4. Napkin rings always add a little something extra to the table. I am in love with these gold herb napkin rings. They are a bit of a splurge but so unique.
5. Barr-Co. soap was gifted to me last year for my birthday and I loved it. It would be great for the hostess to put in the guest bathroom (but I kept mine all to myself.)
6. I hate when I am at a cocktail party and I feel like I need to choose between my wine and my appetizers. With this mingling plate, the guests don't have to.

Check out last year's gift guide for the hostess.

What would you bring to the hostess?

4 comments:

  1. CRABCAKES AND FOOTBALL, THAT'S WHAT MARYLAND DOES!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my mom has a bunch of vintage glass snack trays, which are similar to your mingling plate; they have a spot for a drink or cocktail, and room for a few bites. she has them scattered around the house, to use as coasters, coincidentally.

    i have asked for a large wooden cutting/serving board, to use as a fancy cheese plate, but now i wish i had one as md....


    http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Maryland cheese board is amazing! Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cutting board! Yes! And soap is always such a good gift.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.