25.11.12

weekend: extended thanksgiving break

autumn trees . . . with the hubs after our thanksgiving meal . . . with laura and joanna after breakfast . . . the boats during the parade . . . out in the cold watching the boats
~~~~
My weekend actually started after work on Tuesday. After CrossFit, the Hubs and I ordered a pizza and I went to bed pretty early. 

Wednesday, I got up, went for a run, and then went and got a manicure and pedicure. After my appointment, I came home, ate lunch, and then my coworker, Kayla, and I headed to campus to take a few pictures for a blog thing (more to come on that later.) Once the Hubs came home from work, we quickly packed and then headed to my dad and stepmom's house.

Thursday, I got up, went for a run, and then hung around and watched the Thanksgiving day parade for a bit. Then we headed to Maggiano's for our Thanksgiving meal. This was the first year that we didn't cook and it was a nice break. The food was really good, they let us bring leftovers home, and we didn't have to clean up. After that, I went home and watched football with my dad and the Hubs. The Hubs left that night since he had to work the next day but I stuck around. 

Friday, I got up early to drive and meet my high school friends, Laura and Joanna, for breakfast. We sat and talked for hours and it was really good to see them. Then, I headed back to Salisbury and took a nap when I got home. After CrossFit, the Hubs and I ordered Chinese food. 

Saturday, we got up late and went to the grocery store. After lunch, we laid in bed all afternoon and watched The Men Who Built America on the history channel. Then, we headed to Green Hill to have dinner and watch the boat parade with the Hubs' parents. 

Today, I wasn't feeling too great (a little too much imbibing last night) so I laid in bed until lunch. Then I got up, did some laundry, cleaned the house, and did a bit of cooking for the week.

I was happy to have a nice break from work and some time with the Hubs, especially after traveling over the last few months. I was also glad I had time to be absolutely lazy for a bit yesterday and today. I usually feel so guilty when I just lay around but since I had a few extra days, I really enjoyed it.

How was your Thanksgiving?

3 comments:

  1. you deserved the break! glad you had fun - but am very curious about this "blog thing" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, you are making me feel bad for not keeping up with my workouts during the long holiday weekend :-/. I had all intentions of working out but I ate myself into a food coma.

    pretty photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you ordered a pizza and some chinese after crossfit! That's my girl! That's the way to do it! :) Your break sounds so relaxing and full of beautiful people. And wheee hangovers! Love it! Seriously. Your weekend sounds AWESOME

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.