28.10.12

weekend: preparing for sandy

snuggling with the pup . . . the hubs "weather control" center . . . wet shoes
~~~~
a little inspiration for the coming week:

have you heard of monsters university?

would you try hypnobirth?

only dog people understand

how to be a friend to someone who has cancer

can't wait for mad men
~~~~
Friday, we got back from California after midnight so I went into work a little late. I was exhausted leaving work  that evening and scratched the side of my car. Ugh. So I pretty much resorted to snuggling in bed with Peyton for the rest of the night. 

Saturday, I had to work an event so I was up early. After that, I came home and did a bit of laundry and grocery shopping in preparation for Hurricane Sandy. I think because I went to the store later, I was lucky and it wasn't too crowded. There wasn't very much food left, though. 

Today, I slept in and then got a few things done around the house. I took a long nap as well which was very needed. My brother is actually in his freshman year at the university where I work. He is staying at our house tonight so he doesn't get stuck in his dorm room tomorrow when the hurricane hits. We went out to dinner and then we are going to introduce him to Boardwalk Empire later. 

I don't have to work tomorrow which I am happy about. Since I have been traveling for work and then we went on vacation, the house is disaster. It looks like a hurricane came through - pun intended. I am going to spend tomorrow organizing the best I can before the electricity goes out.

Be safe the next few days if you are in the Northeast. 

How was your weekend?

5 comments:

  1. i may just try hypno-birthing ... anything's better than 'regular' labor !

    as for the 'only dog people would understand' like, that made me LOL. just wait until you have kids. it gets INFINITELY worse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a) I just spent forever on the MU site. it's so impressive! I bet the movie's marketing team had the best time making it :) cannot wait for the movie! loved Monsters, Inc. - actually, I tried to convince Jon that we should have the theme song as our first dance at our wedding... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEqrt6nZTS4

    b) thanks for the shoutout! glad I'm not the only one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. stay safe and dry! i just read some articles about the eastern shore and am worried about you.... hope peyton keeps you grounded.

    http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we are doing alight! i am more worried about OC.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad DC, and you, are safe. As for needing a hurricane to clean your hurricane - I understand that!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.