9.10.12

i miss my kitchen

I miss my kitchen. My kitchen isn't great by any means. There aren't any upgraded appliances or a lot of space. But I miss it just the same.

I haven't been home much because of travel for work and, when I have actually been home, our weekends have been jam-packed. There hasn't been time for cooking. 

I left yesterday for more traveling but I will be home Wednesday evening. So, on Sunday,  I went to the grocery store for the first time in weeks in anticipate for Wednesday night. And I am giddy with excitement because, after CrossFit, I AM GOING TO COOK DINNER! And Thursday, after CrossFit, I AM GOING TO COOK DINNER!

Even for someone who likes to cook as much as I do, I take it for granted sometimes. Those simple daily rituals can be truly missed when you are never home. 

When the Hubs and I were in the grocery store, despite it being awfully crowded with people, I said, "I am so happy to be here because it means I actually get to cook something in just a few days." He looked at me like I had three heads but I am sure he is happy too - he hasn't had a home-cooked meal in weeks either.

It is getting chillier here so I am excited that when travel season winds down, I will have time to test out some soup recipes. And try out some new Paleo recipes. And make a huge pot of my family's spaghetti sauce. 

Have you been really busy or have you been able to enjoy a bit of this new season?

{image via my pinterest}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.