23.10.12

cara from i dabble

Hi! I'm Cara and I blog over at I dabble, where I share all sorts of things, recipes, craft projects and fashionable posts. I am so excited that Morgan asked me to post for her while she's on vacation in one of my favorite cities. I've visited San Francisco a few times recently, so I wanted to share my ideal tourist day in the city by the bay.
Breakfast at Mama's in the North Beach neighborhood. The line can be long, so bring a book/newspaper but the food is well worth the wait and will keep you full for hours.
Walk off breakfast by climbing Telegraph Hill up to Coit Tower for a look out over the Golden Gate and Bay Bridges, Alcatraz and all the beauty that is San Francisco.
Next I would walk to the Ferry Building to visit the huge farmer's market there for another cup of coffee to sip on as I strolled down the Embarcadero towards Fisherman's Wharf. I'd stop to visit the ever amusing sea lions, the fish shops along the water and Boudin's delicious smells of baking sourdough. The people watching all along here is superb.
After all that walking I'd probably need a snack. I'd probably pop into Ghiradelli Square for a sweet treat; the ice cream sundaes are delicious at Ghiradelli, as are the cupcakes at Kara's Cupcakes.

I love the boutique shopping in San Francisco so I'd hop a bus to Union and Fillmore Streets and get a few hours of shopping in. I've always had good luck at Marmalade on Union Street.
I'd round out my afternoon with some exploring of Golden Gate Park or the Presidio. There's so much to see and do at both parks, or you can choose to do nothing more than read or nap in a nice grassy area.
After freshening up at the hotel, I'd head to Chinatown for dinner. It's such a cool place to visit, especially at night when its all lit up. My husband and I love House of Nanking. It's a hole in the wall, and you sit almost elbow to elbow but their dumplings and noodles are out of this world. Again, get their early or you will wait in line.
If you can get out of San Francisco for a day or you're splitting time between SF and Napa like Morgan, I'd highly recommend a pit stop in Muir Woods. If you can go early in the morning, it's quiet, beautiful and you may have the redwoods all to yourself.

I love San Francisco, I hope Morgan has a fantastic time and you too when you get there!

1 comment:

  1. i visited san fran, berkeley, and napa about a year ago, and all of these posts are just reminding me of how much fun i had, and how much of the area i missed! definitely need to plan a second trip soon.

    http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.