23.9.12

weekend: quinny and ruth's wedding

during the ceremony . . . some details from the reception . . . with the bride and groom . . . cutting the cake . . . the first dance
~~~~
a little inspiration for the coming week:

a ten hour wedding proposal

the best "gift" for new parents 
~~~~
Friday, I left work early since I felt sick and immediately made a doctors appointment. I don't have time to be sick during travel season! After that, I came home to a sleeping husband who had taken a red eye flight the night before. We ordered in food since we had nothing in the house and went to bed early.

Saturday morning, we woke up, took the pup to the in-laws, and then headed to DC for Ruth and Quinny's wedding at the Decatur House. Quinny (his actual name is Seth) is one of the Hub's really good friends from college. Ruth and Quinny met in law school in Michigan and we met Ruth about a year ago. We couldn't be happier for them - they are both such great people. It was an absolutely beautiful ceremony and a really fun reception. I am pretty sure every guest got on the dance floor last night. After the reception, we went and had a drink at a bar and then the Hubs and I headed back to the hotel. (Excuse the dark photos - I decided not to lug my SLR to the wedding.)

This morning, after breakfast, we headed back across the bridge. We stopped at the outlets on our way but both left empty-handed. I did a little laundry when we got home and took a much-needed nap. 

I won't be traveling as much this week but it will still be a busy one with a few late hours on the nights I am actually home. I plan to get to bed early tonight. 

How was your weekend?

1 comment:

  1. ah, weddings are such a blast! and i don't blame you for not wanting to lug around your big slr (though it is an amazing camera....)

    http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.