22.8.12

under the covers with niki: pathways to housing

{Today's post is a special one from our regular contributor, Niki, who usually is answering your sex questions. I figured since a lot of you live in the DC area, you would want to hear about and support this great cause. And even if you don't live in DC, this is an awesome opportunity to help a lot of people in our nation's capital. Here is Niki to explain how you can help!}

I know I have been delinquent about posting, but I promise I have a good reason. I work full time (and often over time) for Pathways to Housing DC, a local non-profit dedicated to ending homelessness and supporting recovery for individuals with serious mental illnesses. Since 2004, Pathways to Housing DC has provided permanent apartments and wraparound support services to more than 500 people in Washington, DC. 

I’m part of a team that provides community-based intensive mental health and other support services necessary to help these individuals stay in housing and be successful in their recoveries. Specifically, I use my specialty as a relationship and sex therapist to support individuals in developing healthy and appropriate relationships. 

I’m pleased to share that Groupon Grassroots, the philanthropic arm of Groupon, is featuring Pathways to Housing DC as its non-profit of the week (August 20th to 26th). Funds raised through this campaign will allow Pathways to Housing DC to provide furniture for first-time move-ins. We have already successfully reached our “tipping point,” but this is only the beginning. The deal is only on until Sunday, August 26th, so I hope you’ll consider taking part in this awesome effort by giving back and helping us end homelessness in DC.

{Please help Niki in making this a reality. Even if you can't afford to donate, help spread the word. We only have until Sunday to make it happen!}

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this amazing cause with us! So awesome to be able to give back and make a real difference. If you haven't made a $10 donation yet, what are you waiting for?!?!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.