7.8.12

caramelized onion vinaigrette

The Hubs and I were getting sick of chicken so we decided to change it up and get some beef. I thought a steak salad would be perfect. Usually, I would have added blue cheese to this salad but, since I am trying to keep up with Paleo, I thought I would trade a strong cheese for a strong dressing.

This dressing does take a little time because you need to caramelize the onions but besides a few stirs while the onions are cooking, this dressing is pretty low maintenance.
CARAMELIZED ONION VINAIGRETTE

1 large yellow onion, halved and sliced
1/2 Tbsp. Dijion mustard
3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
1/2 c. olive oil, plus a tablespoon

Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a medium pan. Cook onions on low until brown and caramelized for about 30 minutes. Put aside and let cool a bit. In a food processor, combine onions with the rest of the other ingredients. Blend together. 

1 comment:

  1. This sounds awesome and I love these pictures! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.