29.8.12

better-for-you beauty products, part 6

This is part six of my search for natural and organic beauty products. You can find the other posts here, here, here, here, and here.
1. Dr. Hauschka Volume Mascara: Ugh, the awful search for organic or natural mascara. Well, it continues. I was in love with how soft this goes on and how hydrated my lashes felt but, at the end the day, I look like a raccoon with dark make-up under my eyes. Seriously, I am hot mess after work and the gym. It is almost like the mascara never dries. After trying product after product, I think I may need to look for okay-for-you mascara. {natural}
2. Alima Satin Matte Foundation: I like this. I don't love it. First off, the actual container is very small, making it hard to put the powder evenly on the brush. I also feel like I don't really get that flawless look that you are supposed to get with mineral foundation but, then again, I could be applying it wrong. {BOC free, naturally chemical free, gluten free}
3. Pangea Organics Italian Green Mandarin Facial Toner: I like the smell of this and it does feel refreshing. I am just not sure I am sold on what toners are actually supposed to do. I think it is great to put on when I need a little pick me up but I think that may be more from the citrus smell than from what it does for my face. Worth a try if you are into toners though. {organic, vegan, gluten free}
4. Inika Natural Perfection Mineral Concealer: I was really excited about this after reading the reviews online but then I was disappointed with it. It goes on so shear that I feel like it doesn't really do much for the dark circles under my eyes. I had to put two layers on and it seems like it disappears at the end of the day. {organic, vegan, cruelty-free}
5. Naturopathica Beech Tree & Ginseng Daily Moisturizer: Oh, Naturopathica! Thank you for making quality products. I love this moisturizer! I think I have found the moisturizer I am going to stick with. My only regret is that it doesn't have SPF. {gluten free, vegan, ecocert, cruelty-free}
6. Pangea Organics Japanese Matcha Tea Mask: I like this but I don't think it does anything wonderful for my skin. The smell really turns me off though. I am going to keep looking for another mask. {organic, began, gluten free}

Have you found any fabulous natural and organic products lately?

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. my organic salon special ordered something for me but if that does not work out - korres is my next stop. thanks!

      Delete
  2. I'm fine with BB Cream, serum, cleaner, mascara, and liptone only.

    ReplyDelete