29.7.12

weekend: a graduation

after dinner at the narrows in kent island wednesday night . . . after the cocktail reception and before dinner on thursday night . . . the hubs giving his class president speech at graduation . . . with the graduate . . . a paleo meal for dinner tonight
~~~~
a little inspiration for the week:

in case you lose your camera

a day at the dock

i wish i was in napa

easy happy hour menu
~~~~
My weekend actually started on Wednesday after work. The Hubs' parents and I headed to McLean, Virginia for the Hubs graduation. We stopped in Kent Island at the Narrows for dinner and, although there were a lot of things that looked great, I always get the crab cake. If you are ever in the area, go and get a crab cake - it will be the best one you have ever had. When we got to McLean I went straight to bed since the pup had kept me up the night before since she was sick. 

Thursday, while the Hubs was in class, his parents and I went to Nordstrom for the Anniversary sale. I got two pairs of boots, a pair of jeans, nice leggings, a skirt, and a pair of comfy striped shorts, checking a lot off of my wish list. After that, we had lunch at Elevation Burger for the first time. It was really yummy and I am glad that I could get my burger wrapped in lettuce, helping me stay on track for Paleo (and giving me inspiration for tonight's dinner.) We headed back to the hotel and I relaxed, did my nails, and watched a little bit of tv. Then we went to the cocktail reception being held for the graduates and their families. After that we went to dinner at Ruth Chris with his parents.

Friday, I got up, had breakfast with his mom, and then got ready for the graduation. There was a nice luncheon followed by the graduation. The Hubs gave a speech since he was "class president." Then we headed back and got stuff in both DC and beach traffic. 

Yesterday, I went to Enza's for a haircut and my SIL came with me to get her hair dimineralized. I was amazed at how much shinier and healthier her hair looked afterwards. After dinner, the Hubs and I went to see the new Batman movie in the Regal RPX theater. I didn't particularly want to spend the extra money but the timing of the movie in that theater was convenient so we did. The screen was huge, the sheets were super comfortable, and the sound was unmatched. 

Today, we slept in and took naps. I feel like I need a few days off from my days off. 

How was your weekend?

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. next time you are in town we should go! i would drive for the narrows (and outlet shopping.)

      Delete
  2. Awesome! Such wonderful photos too! :)

    ox from NYC!
    davie+erica

    LPFashionPhilosophy

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.