28.6.12

better-for-you beauty products, part 5

This is part five of my search for natural and organic beauty products. You can find the other posts here, here, here, and here.
1. Tarte Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara: I really like this mascara. Considering I haven't had much luck with the organic mascaras I have tried out, this is awesome. My lashes actually look and feel healthier. The only thing that bugs me is that I still get a little mascara under my eyes at the end of the day but some days are worse than others. I will still look into other mascaras but I know I can come back to this one if I can't find anything else. Although this is not organic, it is free of parabens, phthalates, sulfates and is cruelty-free. 
2. Pangea Organics Egyptian Geranium Facial Scrub: This scrub isn't that bad but it isn't that great either. I don't feel like it has done anything great for my skin. I like when my skin feels a little smoother after I use a scrub and this just doesn't make it feel that way. Plus, I am not wild about the smell.
3. Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm: LOVE THIS! It goes on so smooth. (I actually stopped using Burt's Bees  items because that tingling sensation that a lot of their products give you is actually alcohol, is drying, and, in turn, is actually making you use more of the product. This doesn't do that.) It is 100% natural and it is great for hydrated my lips while giving it a bit of color. The tint is subtle making it look more natural. It is great for summer when you don't want to wear a ton of make-up. I have this in Rose but I plan to buy other tints. 
4. Alima Pure Nourishing Lip Balm: I actually bought this only because it was on sale and I love it. It leaves my lips smooth and moisturized while adding color. It is scented with a bit of peppermint oil so it smells good too. The lip color is much stronger than I thought it would be but I like using it when I want a bit more color but I don't necessarily want to wear lip stick. I bought this in mango but I plan to buy other colors. 
5. Josie Maran Argan Tinted Moisturizer: I like this moisturizer but I don't love it. Mainly, I feel like it doesn't absorb into my skin as well as other tinted moisturizers I have used in the past. (However, who knows if my skin is just really dry or something like that.) What I do like is it has SPF 30, is cruelty free, and doesn't have parabens or toxins. I think I will look for other tinted moisturizers but this is always good to fall back on. 
6. Pangea Organics Nigerian Ginger Facial Cream: Like the scrub, this moisturizer isn't bad but it isn't that great either. It hasn't really done anything wonderful for my skin and I am not too wild about the smell. I also wish it had SPF. However, it is organic, fair-trade and cruelty-free. 

Have you tried any good organic or all-natural products lately?

3 comments:

  1. Korres makes an AMAZING mascara and I love all of their products that I've used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i never knew that the tingling sensation was from alcohol, though, it is not at all surprising..... very sneaky and devious of them though!

    a colleague of mine went to jordan and got me some dead sea mineral products (names elude me right now); the foot lotion is particularly great, it helps soften the skin.

    http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm shocked about the Burt's Bees tingle - I wondered why I used it so much faster than other lip balms.

    I really like the Neutrogena naturals night cream, it's a heavy moisturizer but feels clean and fairy light. It has a nice scent too. I'm with you on tinted moisturizer, some of them don't seem to moisturize as well as non-tinted ones.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.