29.5.12

spicy lime shrimp

One of the first things I cooked for Rich in his first (and our current) house as a working man was skewered shrimp, couscous, and green beans. The combination really brings me back to being young, still in college, and being so proud of my newly-graduated boyfriend. And I love finding new ways to create it.

This is a healthy light meal, perfect for summer. Pour yourself a glass of wine and enjoy it on your back patio.
SPICY LIME SHRIMP
serves 4
recipe from here

juice from 4 limes
1/4 c. sugar
salt, to taste
2 Tbsp. grapeseed oil
1 tsp. minced garlic
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1 1/2 lb. peeled shrimp
cilantro, chopped for garnish

In a small bowl, combine lime juice, sugar, and salt. 

Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet on high. Add garlic and pepper flakes and cook until garlic is somewhat brown. Add lime juice mixture and cook until reduced, about four minutes. The mixture should be syrupy. 

Add shrimp, cook for about two minutes, and then stir the shrimp. Continue to stir until shrimp are all pink and cooked through. Garnish with cilantro and serve over couscous. 

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. lol this makes me wish i knew how to grill! yum!

    xx

    jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! If I wasn't so over seafood (as a result of getting flu right after eating lobster, and blaming the lobster), I would so make this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds delicious:) I've been craving seafood lately. Hope you are having a wonderful week so far, darling. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.