24.5.12

glass chic

When I was younger, I wanted glasses so badly. I even bought a fake pair in middle school and wore them around my bedroom. They were black, rectangular glasses from the BP section at Nordstrom. 

Freshman year of college, I noticed myself getting a lot of headaches while studying. I soon realized how much I was straining my eyes trying to look at the tiny Chinese characters for my class. I went to the eye doctor and they prescribed me reading glasses. But honestly, they didn't really fulfill my lifelong  fantasy of glasses; I would only be wearing them when I was on my computer or reading so I would only be wearing them when I was in my bedroom - again. (I am pretty sure there are even some of my closest friends who don't know I own glasses. You can see evidence here.)

Well, seven years later and I decided it was probably time for another eye doctor appointment. And you know what he told me? I shouldn't be wearing my reading glasses anymore. My eyes are back to normal and if I keep wearing them, my eyes will start straining. (I had kind of already diagnosed that, though, when I realized wearing my glasses seem blurry compared to normally vision so I really didn't wear them that often.)

But he also told me I need glasses for long distance like driving, going to the movies, or watching a game. I picked out my beautiful tortoise shell glasses yesterday and I will have to go pick them up in a few days! Good thing is: I am not blind without glasses so there is no need to worry about having to wear them for special events or when I go out with friends. 

My life is now complete...

Do you wear glasses? What shapes do you like?

{images via here, here, here, here, and here}

3 comments:

  1. This same exact thing happened to me. Freshman year Shakespeare left me with reading glasses, and in February I finally went to the eye doctor for the first time since then and was back to normal. I was pretty sad, I wanted a chic pair of glasses! I love bold, chunky frames especially like the bike gal's!

    Also, your question about my vest - I got it Summer 2011 so unfortunately its not around anymore. :( Are you coming to Blogger Blitz?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to wear glasses all the time but I usually wear my contacts. I recently got a pair of new glasses from Warby Parker and love them! I got a thicker rim with a bit of a cat eye- so cute! Hope yours are just what you have always wanted!

    Hannah Tattoos and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wear my contacts, generally, but the main reason i am back here in the land of pleasant living is to return to my eye doctor..... sigh. new frames are so expensive, but mine are just too small and not flattering.

    http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.