22.5.12

ginger-carrot dressing

I almost always make my own salad dressing. I just don't like the way bottled dressings taste and making your own is super simple. However, a few years ago, I discovered a ginger-carrot dressing in the refrigerated section. There were only a few ingredients listed and it had an expiration date actually within two weeks so I decided to take it home. It was so yummy! I actually credit it for helping me lose weight before my wedding. It was only 70 calories for two tablespoons and it was so good that, every time I needed a snack, I just tossed it with some salad greens and it killed my cravings.

However, a few weeks ago I went to search for it again and it was nowhere to be found. I went back a few days later, convinced that they had just sold out of it. Sadly, it was never replaced. So I sought out to make my own...

GINGER-CARROT DRESSING
from here

1 large carrot
1 shallot, chopped
2 Tbsp. roughly chopped ginger
1 Tbsp. white miso
2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
1 Tbsp. sesame oil
1/4 c. grapeseed oil
2 Tbsp. water

Pulse carrot, shallot and ginger in food processor until finely chopped. Scrape down sides, add the miso, vinegar, sesame oil and blend. While food processor is running, slowly drizzle in the grapeseed oil and water.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. That looks yummy! It's amazing what a delicious, healthy salad dressing can do for boring old greens:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooooooooove ginger dressing, so will definitely try this out. I've been living off salads for work lunches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i SHOULD be living off salads for lunches...... been getting quite a bit soft in my old age....

    http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love ginger carrot soup so this dressing recipe sounds perfect for me

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.