6.3.12

sushi-inspired veggie quinoa bowl

This meal actual grew out of a recipe fail. I was trying to make vegetarian quinoa sushi and it just kept falling apart. (Quinoa just isn't as sticky as sushi rice.) It tasted good though so I decided to just give up on the rolling and make a bowl out of the ingredients. And last week, I found myself craving it again.

This is less of a recipe and more of a idea starter. Throw in whatever you would like. I didn't use it last week but, the first time I made this, I simmered portabella mushrooms in veggie stock that were added to it as well. Next time, I want to try this with shrimp or chicken.

SUSHI-INSPIRED QUINOA BOWL

quinoa, cooked
rice wine vinegar
avocado, diced
cucumbers, diced
nori, torn into small pieces
soy sauce
wasabi

Cook the quinoa according to directions and let cool a bit. Add vinegar to taste. Top with avocado, cucumbers, and nori. In a small bowl, mix soy sauce and wasabi to desired taste. Pour over top of veggies and quinoa.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. omg. i want to eat this for lunch everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love quinoa! That's a great idea. lol I'm terrible at rolling sushi!

    xx

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds delicious...love quinoa!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.