23.3.12

francophile friday: midnight in paris

Two nights ago, I rented Midnight in Paris. I don't want to give anything away so I won't say much but the film was absolutely charming. I think I may need to purchase it.

Without spoiling anything, the film follows a American man and his fiancée tagging along on a business trip with his soon-to-be in-laws. He loves the magic and history of the city and wants to move there. His fiancée would rather be in upper class suburbia.

As they spend their time in Paris, their differences become very apparent. One night, instead of joining his fiancée and her friends for night a dancing, he decides to walk Paris in search of Hemingway's spots. What he finds that night is magical...

If you appreciate the Lost Generation Writers and the Parisian painters of the 1920s or you just love the romantic air of Paris, you will enjoy this film.

Have you seen the movie?

{images via here}

8 comments:

  1. Ahhh, I loved that movie! It was just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this movie a lot. The way they set it up was so interesting to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i saw this film not really knowing what it was about ... aside from the Paris part. i, too, found it just SO CHARMING. the bits with the fiance & in-laws were a little heavy-handed and unrealistic, but the rest of the film was so perfect that it didn't matter.

    now i want to see it again ... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i LOVED this movie!! and now i want to watch it again!! counting down the days til my honeymoon in paris :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! I actually saw this film on my way BACK from Paris. It made me miss it so much, I was ready to get the pilot to turn the plane around! Very cute movie...need to watch it again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Midnight in Paris! Charming is the perfect word to describe it. I loved all the characters and the way the story feels so magical. Def a film thats worthy of the DVD collection. Hope you have a great weekend! xo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still really need to see this movie! I love that period in history and those writers. Have you read the Paris Wife, it's about Hemingway in Paris in the 20s, it was fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been looking for a new book to read. I will have to pick that up! If you like that period try the book Bobbed Hair and Bathtub Gin.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.