26.2.12

weekend: coming of age

at sobo's wine bistro . . . a pecan encrusted goat cheese salad . . . craft supplies . . . modge podged bottles . . . birthday cake . . . my outfit for the night . . . at brew river
~~~~
On Friday night, only a few of my friends were supposed to come down and we were going to go out to dinner. We headed to Sobo's only for me to discover that many more of my friends were in town to celebrate my birthday. We shared small plates and salads. My friends presented me with a cookbook they had made for me with a recipe contributed by each of them. Considering I love to cook, it was the perfect present and I plan to share some of their recipes here at some point.

Saturday morning, we munched on bagels and I was told that the theme to this weekend was "coming of age." We hung out for the rest of the morning and did one of my favorite crafts from high school - modge podging wine bottles. I used to do it all the time and gift them to my friends when I was younger. It was great to chat and catch up while we listened to 90s pop. After that a few friends had to leave and then rest of us headed off to get manicures and pedicures. Then I went shopping with a few friends (I purchased a pair of green jeans) while everyone else went home to prepare tacos and margaritas for dinner. After dinner, we celebrated with cake and then went out for drinks and to meet up with the Hubs and some other friends.

Today, I packed my suitcase since I will be across the bridge for work most of this week. Then I headed to my parents in Silver Spring to have a birthday dinner with them. They took me to get Chinese and sushi from one of my fave local restaurants.

It was seriously a great weekend! My birthday is on Tuesday and I couldn't ask for a better way to start off 25.

How was your weekend?

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic weekend. Sounds like you have great friends! Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.