I stay inside a style box. I feel safe with my navy, grey, black, brown, tan, and cream outfits. My pieces fit well together and they are generally flattering. But, lately, I have been bored with my closet especially when I see the colorful pieces in J. Crew, Anthro, and different style blogs. It is time for me to stop feeling like I can't "pull it off" and try a few bright pieces on.
These are some pieces that I would like for spring and summer. You could even consider this my birthday wish list.
1. Colorblock Stripe Skirt from the LOFT: I have been searching for a striped skirt. At first I was looking for a pencil style since it almost always works with my body type. But then I saw this and I remembered how one of my favorite skirts is an a-line fit.
2. Short Sleeve Tee from American Apparel: I know this does not have color but everyone should have a basic white tee that goes with any color. I do not own one. I have yet to find one that fits well and is not see-through. Does anyone know how the American Apparel basics are? I have never actually bought anything there before.
3. Gibson Linen Blazer from Nordstrom: Again, I know this is white but everyone should invest in a white blazer for the spring and summer months. It is so versatile and goes with any color.
4. Dotted Pencil Skirt from Madewell: I love polka dots! One of my favorite pieces of clothing in high school was a black and white polka dotted skirt from Forever 21. I was obsessed with it (and I wore it with red lips.) This blue one from Madewell is so classic in a pattern that is forever in style.
5. The Suede Sidewalk Skimmer from Madewell: The only colorful place in my closet is where I keep my shoes. But I do not own a pair of blue shoes. I love this bright blue color. "But don't you step on my blue suede shoes." (Sorry I had to...)
6. Café Capri from J. Crew: I really want a pair of green pants. I love the color green. It is so fresh and perfect for spring.
7. Dee&Ray 'Celine' Colorblock Top: I think the colorblock tops are so cheery. This would be great to throw on with jeans but also tuck it into a skirt for work.
What is on your spring wish list?