22.2.12

a better you: soups

I think that it is so much easier during the summer to eat healthy. The farmer's markets have beautiful colorful bounties with endless possibilities for salads and the like. But during the winter, my go-to for healthy is soups. I love making a huge, healthy pot at the beginning of the week to eat for lunches and dinners.

Lately, the Hubs and I have been experimenting with different chicken soups. We have been taking short cuts by buying a rotisserie chicken and good pre-made chicken broth. But now I am chicken souped out.

Here are some recipes I want to try:


Have you tried any of the soups that I have made on here? If not, here are some of my favorites:

What is your go-to healthy fix?

5 comments:

  1. i'm a huge soup gal! i love my lycopene-rich tomatoes too, so i linked them up! :) loving this series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm all of the soups look fantastic! i want to make more soups for dinner. xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of those soups look delicious! I love making a giant pot of vegetarian chili at the beginning of the winter and freezing individual servings. All of the beans in it give it so much fiber and protein, and make it really filling and hearty.

    http://hipsandhangers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. my mom is always bragging about soups, italian white bean or french onion, etc, etc, then she promises to send me the recipe, then totally neglects to do so. aggravating!

    if you try any of these, please post the results!

    http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I'm not a big soup person, but for a healthy go-to, I like (store-bought) grilled chicken with black beans and a little bit of mozzarella on top. Great protein and fiber and low in fat. Tah dah!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.