16.2.12

better-for-you products, part 3

This is part three of my search for organic and natural beauty products. You can see other posts here and here.
1. Josie Maran GOGO Instant Natural Volume Argan Mascara: I have been on the search for a good organic or natural mascara (as I have said before.) This mascara is all-natural and goes on so smooth and gives nice volume. I have not been able to give myself clumps. And even better: for every mascara purchased, they will donate one mascara to a City of Hope cancer patient or survivor. They also donate $1 from the sale of each mascara to City of Hope for research, treatment, and education of women's cancers (through August 2012.) My only concern is that I do get a little bit of flaking by the end of the day but it is not nearly as bad as the mascara I wrote about here. So I guess I am still on the search.
2. Organic Salon Systems Power Build Shampoo and Conditioner: After my icky hair episode, my hair stylist and I decided it would be best to change my shampoo and conditioner just in case that was causing it. We were pretty sure it wasn't the DevaCurl shampoo I was using but since I started that at the same time as my conditioner, I stopped using them both. I really love how this gives my hair so much volume. This is great if your hair is fine or limp. (I actually have used the Status quo shampoo before as well.)
3. Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil: My skin can really get dry, especially in the summer. I definitely love using this to cleanse my skin. It was definitely strange to use at first - it feels weird rubbing oil on my skin but it is really nice and leaves my skin very smooth and hydrated.
4. Josie Maran Argan Bear Naked Wipes: I really wanted to love these. They would be great for traveling or using right after working out. The wipes are biodegradable and a portion of every package sold go to the Natural Resources Defense Council's Polar Bear SOS initiative. But I felt like the wipes were too dry. I needed to rub pretty hard to remove my makeup (which is not really great for skin and future wrinkles.)
5. Josie Maran Argan Lip Treatment: I love this lip balm. It makes my lips so smooth and is so great to use after exfoliating. I thought the price was a little high but I have had it for over a month now and I have barely put a dent in it. It goes on so smoothly you don't have to use much so it lasts forever.
6. Josie Maran Pure Argan Oil: I started out mixing this in with my moisturizer but I decided that I liked putting this on right after applying my moisturizer on the places on my face that tend to be dryer and staying away from the places that are usually more oily and tend to have blemishes. I really love how soft my skin feels when using this. It is also really great for keeping cuticles in check. This is 100% organic.

Have you found any good natural or organic beauty products lately? I will actually have a few more to share with you soon.

4 comments:

  1. i love the packaging of that mascara! (i am a total sucker for packaging when i cannot make a decision, my mascara currently is a sleek metallic gold tube that looks like a rocket).

    http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You like the Josie Maran? I haven't tried it yet but have been dying!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yea i like about half of the stuff i tried (like i said the wipes weren't fab and the mascara goes on great but flakes a little bit.) i will be reviewing more of her products as well. i have a blush and tinted moisturizer.

      i highly recommend getting the "starter kit" to sample a bunch of stuff. i got mine at sephora and the wipes, argan oil, cleanser, and lip balm were in there.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.