8.1.12

weekend: a friend's christmas

a table set with my kate spade and lenox wedding china . . . a few appetizers before dinner . . . mine and kathy's secret santa gifts . . . conlon made a bootie out of a napkin . . . cake balls made by ledesa
~~~~
After work on Friday, I went to the grocery store to pick up my fresh turkey and a few other items needed for dinner the next day. Then the Hubs and I went to the MIL's to borrow her place mats, napkins, and chargers. Saturday, we woke up, grabbed breakfast, and then ran a few errands. I went home and started on my turkey. While the turkey was in the oven I cleaned up the house and set the table (which takes a lot longer than I thought.) That evening, my college friends came over to celebrate Christmas. First, we ate appetizers and opened up our Secret Santa gifts. I got the Fried Chicken & Champagne cookbook that I wrote about here and a bottle of champagne; Brandon got Bananagrams and a Vineyard Vines bow tie; Sig got a pretty blue teapot and a selection of teas; Jevi got a pretty framed drawing with one of her favorite quotes on it; Conlon got a J. Crew headband, tee, and sweatshirt; Niki got a Vera Bradley clutch, a horse calendar, and sex chitchat book; and Kathy got a wine decanter, a bottle of wine, and Rabbit wine stoppers. I'd say we made out pretty well. Then we sat down to a four course meal. After that we went out to Market Street for a drink. Today, we went to brunch at a local diner. After everyone left, I went to the grocery store and took a much needed nap.

* Just a tip: I received a lot of full sets of china as bridal shower and wedding gifts but I never received any of my soup bowls. Kathy brought soup as our first course but instead of using one of my everyday bowls, we used the tea cups from the china set. It is the perfect amount of soup for a large meal and it is really cute too.

How was your weekend?

2 comments:

  1. How fun. Cute idea using tea cups as soup bowls!

    Im having a giveaway on my blog for vintage ffloral post earrings if interested, picking a winner tomorrow!

    www.Suite4E.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks gorgeous, that Kate Spade china is amazing! Love the idea of using tea cups as soup bowls.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.