24.1.12

vietnamese salad

I love finding new ideas for salads. I had a bunch Napa cabbage leftover from another meal so I started searching for a healthy use for my leftovers. I ended up adapting a recipe from Goop. I ate it all week for lunch - it is very addicting.

VIETNAMESE SALAD
serves 4
adapted from here

salad:
4 bok choy leaves, thick ends discarded, chopped
4 Napa cabbage leaves, chopped
4 romaine lettuce leaves, chopped
1 carrot, peeled and chopped
cilantro leaves from 8 stems, chopped
1/2 cucumber, chopped
1/2 c. roasted peanuts, roughly chopped

dressing:
1 1/2 limes, juiced
1 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
2 tsp. soy sauce
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. sesame oil
2 Tbsp. agave nectar
1 tsp. garlic paste
2 Tbsp. finely diced red onion

Whisk ingredients for salad dressing. Toss salad ingredients with dressing. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. ooo, definitely want to try this! i need to start eating more salads for lunch.

    http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that looks good! i'll be making this for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This definitely looks like what I need to be eating today - healthy and delicious. Please visit our blog today - we tagged you for an award!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Starving and craving something healthy. This looks so good!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.