18.1.12

my amazing hair journey

In November, I started to notice my hair getting really flat and heavy. I had been trying to grow my hair out for awhile and I just figured that since my hair is thin that it had hit its threshold for length and that I needed to get a cut to give it a bit more volume. So I made a haircut appointment for December.

For a few days after my cut, my hair felt great. It seemed to have a lot more body and the ends felt so much better. But then, it fell flat again. My so-called curly hair felt FLAT with an above the shoulder cut. No matter what I did, my hair would fall flat. I hadn't experienced this since elementary school. I couldn't even style it. Since my hair is naturally curly, if I curl it, it curls well and has a lot of volume. Not now. And, since my hair is thinnner, it also straightens pretty well (without humidity). But even when I would try and straighten it, it would end up greasy - another thing I have not experienced since elementary school.

So why am I telling you this?

About a week ago, in a moment of frustration, I facebooked my hair stylist at Enza's (which I have talked about on here before.) Zina, the shop owner who usually cuts my hair, asked about the products I am using. I had started using a new shampoo and conditioner in October. She suggested I come in and get my hair demineralized which essentially gets rid of any build up of hair products.

I went in on Sunday. I AM IN LOVE WITH MY HAIR! I cannot remember the last time my hair was this fab. It is so shiny and soft. I cannot stop touching it. And what was even better? It was only $20. I am seriously recommending this to everyone. Most likely, my conditioner was the culprit but since I switched both at the same time, I got rid of my shampoo too, just in case.

I went in and Zina put the treatment in my hair. Then I sat under the dryer for thirty minutes and read magazines. Then she rinsed my hair. My hair could squeak it was so clean. Even with my hair wet, it felt lighter.

Obviously, not everyone needs this but if you use products, ask your stylist about it. And if you are in the area, I highly recommend Enza's. All the products used are organic.

Have you tried any amazing products or treatments lately?

{image via here}

5 comments:

  1. mm that looks great.. I use pure coconut oil and that is good for hair too

    http://pinkii-life-g3lakmini.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I never thought of this. I'll have to remember in case my hair gets extra annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never even heard of getting your hair demineralized - I will have to look into it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of demineralization but it sounds like my hair needs it badly! I'll have to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds amazing, and love that it's organic...I'll have to try!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.