11.12.11

weekend: driving all over

margarita from guapos in bethesda . . . pollo criollo . . . the Hubs and I . . . mimosas at busboys & poets in hyatsville . . . oaxaca omelete with homefries
~~~~
as always, a little inspiration for the coming week:

how to style an LBD for all of those holiday parties

help people get the water that they need

what a beautiful transformation

Toms ballet flats, coming soon
~~~~
Friday, I left work a little early to travel to Hanover, Pennsylvania to visit my grandfather. Saturday morning, I made him breakfast as per usual - scrambled eggs, toast, and sausage. It felt empty in the house without my grandmother there. At one point my grandfather looked up and said, "Dear Betty, please come back so you can visit with Morgan." And then he turned to me, with tears in his eyes and said, "She can't come back." I felt so awful. I don't ever want to know what it feels like to lose a spouse. My heart broke for him.

After lunch with my grandfather at his favorite place, we spent a bit more time together and then I headed to Silver Spring to meet Rich at my dad's house to drop off Peyton. Then we headed to Rockville to have dinner with his sister. My roasted chicken at Guapos was delicious, very moist and flavorful.

This morning, the Hubs and Peyton headed back to Salisbury and I headed to College Park to have brunch with Niki. I loved my Mexican inspired omelet. Really if anything has black beans and guacamole in it, sign me up. Then we went across the street to a really cute pet store across the street and bought a few things for Peyton's stocking.

The weekend isn't quite over yet - I still have Blogger Blitz DC tonight. So I am going to hang out at my parent's house in Silver Spring until then. Maybe I can take a nap. Peyton kept me up all night with her snoring.

How was your weekend?

1 comment:

  1. So happy to have met you today! LOVE that you were in Busboys & Poets in Hyattsville - definitely one of my favorite places to eat! It's just down the street from me as well, so if you're ever in that area again, let me know! There are tons of great places to eat around here (though you wouldn't expect it!) and I'd love to see you again! You were a blast to hang out with :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.