23.12.11

francophile friday: france email #8

This is a continuation of my lost emails that I sent to my family and friends while living in France in 2007 as a student. You can read more about it here. I sent this one on December 22nd and it is the last one I sent before I came home.

Bonjour Tout le Monde!

Well this is my last email from Bordeaux. I have my bags packed and am ready to go. A friend, Jenny, is picking Nezia and I up later tonight and we are having dinner with her family and she will take us to the aiport early tomorrow morning. My flight to Paris leaves tomorrow at 6 30 am and my flight to Dulles leaves at 10 15 am and I will arrive in Dulles around 12 55 pm.

The last two weeks have been pretty normal. I finished up all the work I needed to get finished and got all of my grades. I have been tryng any restaurants or coffee shops I have wanted to try and have been saying goodbye to friends. I really wish time would stop.

I am excited to go home but very sad to leave. This has got to be one of the greatest cities in the world. I am so glad I chose to come here. Bordeaux and I were the perfect fit. I recommend studying abroad to anyone who is thinking about it and to anyone thinking of traveling to France - stop by Bordeaux. The experiences I had I will never forget. I have learned more about French culture than I ever would have in a classroom and I learned so much about myself, too. I have met many different types of people who are not just French which have taught me about many different types of cultures around the world. I don't think Nezia and I would have bumped into eachother on St. Mary's campus but I have learned so much from her about African culture and cooking. If I am visiting Africa anytime soon it is because of her.

I was very open to all types of people and ideas before but I think this experience has opened my eyes even more. I think this has also helped me to take different situations in stride. Sleeping in a freezing cold bus station for over 7 hours - no problem!

I am excited to share my stories with everyone when I return.

Love, Morgan

PS For those who were wondering: When we first got here, Sarkozy (whom they call the "American" president)had just finalized his divorce. He is now engaged to a model. Ah the French!

Did you study abroad? Did you have any travel experiences that changed you?

1 comment:

  1. These posts make me wish I had studied abroad, its my one big regret from college. I did got Europe for a month after college and that was an amazing experience and since I met my husband on the trip, it was life changing!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.