8.12.11

2011 holiday gift guide: the cook

1. I love this eat sign. It would be a great touch to a rustic kitchen.
2. I received this KitchenAid immersion blender at my bridal shower and it is one of the best kitchen appliances that I own. I use it in the mornings before work for a quick smoothie. (And it is even so portable that I have taken it to work to make smoothies too.) I also use it a lot when I am making soups and I want purée some without having to use the food processor - a lot less clean up.
3. Every cook likes to try different kinds of oils. This set ranges from delicate to robust so you can sample and see what type you prefer.
4. Since most of Salisbury's food stores are lacking in unique produce, I have been lusting after a meyer lemon tree for awhile. This tree, our splurge item, stays in its pot and is placed outside during the warmer months and comes inside for the winter.
5. Most of the spices and herbs that I have are from Penzey's. They are great for finding unique spices and have good inexpensive basics as well. I really love their gift sets. I actually received the "Spicy Wedding" set from my friends for my birthday right after I got engaged.
6. Tea towels are a must in any kitchen so why not have pretty ones? I love the rustic and modern mix of these towels.

What are your favorite kitchen items? What would you add to the list?

12 comments:

  1. that eat sign is so cute!

    http://scarlet--red.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some great ideas here just found your blog and enjoyed looking around. Hope you have a great day visit me sometime if you like.

    Always Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all such great ideas! too bad I'm the cook in our family, and I can't very well get these for myself :)
    www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my kitcheaide mixer! I just got a food processor too that I love! But... I love the oil idea and the lemon tree!!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh these would be great for my dad! I actually got him some flavored sea salts to cook with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. if this doesn't make you wanna be a cook, who knows what will!
    Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have too many to list! love things for the kitchen :):)
    http://spliffedcookies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how you put together your ideas in this blog.

    http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww those tea towels are amazing:) I love them. Happy Friday, sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love a lemon tree..that would be incredible in the kitchen! x S

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.