7.11.11

red lip ready

I love wearing lipstick. I am normally a red color kind of girl but during the summer I will play with coral and in the fall I love a great mauve or burgundy. Lately, though, I have noticed that after I put on my lipstick, it doesn't look as nice. This nippy weather has been chapping my lips.

Although one way to prevent this is to keep your lips hydrated, you also need to exfoliate to get rid of any dead skin cells. Even better? You don't even have to leave your kitchen.

LIP EXFOLIANT RECIPE

1 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. honey
2 tsp. white granulated sugar
a squirt of lemon juice

Mix the ingredients together to create a paste. Use your finger to rub all over lips in a circular motion. Be sure to get the outer edges of your lips as well as the corners.

And now you are red lip ready!

{image via here}

5 comments:

  1. Oh la la..I love red lips as well and that photo is stunning. Fantastic recipe, I cant wait to try it. Thanks, sweetie. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to try this! Seems so great for your lips! Thanks for sharing. I'm following from the Blogger Blitz DC page- can't wait to meet you so soon at the event! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm, nothing like an easy homemade remedy for chapped lips. i have been meaning to bust out my true cherry red for awhile, and always get lazy, and decide to stick with eyeshadow. perhaps during my san francisco trip, where my outfits are pretty boring, i will have fortitude!

    http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. red lips are my favorite. :] pretty much any time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so interesting. need to try this. thanks for sharing love. I've got a new outfit post. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear what you think. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.