My friend and blogger, Laura, is a new auntie! She asked me to come up with a gift guide for a new baby. Now I am certainly not an expert since I am not a mom but with all the new moms and babies around me, I feel like I know a little bit more than I should.
1. A fancy outfit is nice but newborns live in onesies for the first few months. Find a cute onesie to gift like this Cassette Organic Onesie - very baby hipster.
2. Sophie la giraffe is a classic teething toy that has been used by French babies for over fifty years. And it appeals to all of babies' senses: the contrasting spots stimulate young babies who can only see contrasting colors; Sophie squeaks when you squeeze her stomach; she is made out of 100% natural rubber which is safe for a baby's mouth and has a pleasant smell; and Sophie is soft to the touch.
3. I love the modern and clean look of this countertop drying rack for the baby's bottles and utensils.
4. Our splurge item is the Organic Ergo Baby Carrier which I have heard great things about. The ergonomic design makes sure that the baby is hanging in a way that doesn't put pressure on their little joints. And it is very comfortable for parents as well.
5. When I was at my friend, Ashley's, baby shower, she opened the Bumbo Baby Sitter and everyone went crazy. And I had no idea what it was. Even as early as three months, babies can sit in this unassisted so they can start to gain eye-level communication with mom and dad.
6. What is cuter than a baby in a hooded towel? Maybe one who is in duck hooded towel?
What do you suggest as gifts for a new baby?