16.11.11

2011 holiday gift guide: new baby

My friend and blogger, Laura, is a new auntie! She asked me to come up with a gift guide for a new baby. Now I am certainly not an expert since I am not a mom but with all the new moms and babies around me, I feel like I know a little bit more than I should.

1. A fancy outfit is nice but newborns live in onesies for the first few months. Find a cute onesie to gift like this Cassette Organic Onesie - very baby hipster.
2. Sophie la giraffe is a classic teething toy that has been used by French babies for over fifty years. And it appeals to all of babies' senses: the contrasting spots stimulate young babies who can only see contrasting colors; Sophie squeaks when you squeeze her stomach; she is made out of 100% natural rubber which is safe for a baby's mouth and has a pleasant smell; and Sophie is soft to the touch.
3. I love the modern and clean look of this countertop drying rack for the baby's bottles and utensils.
4. Our splurge item is the Organic Ergo Baby Carrier which I have heard great things about. The ergonomic design makes sure that the baby is hanging in a way that doesn't put pressure on their little joints. And it is very comfortable for parents as well.
5. When I was at my friend, Ashley's, baby shower, she opened the Bumbo Baby Sitter and everyone went crazy. And I had no idea what it was. Even as early as three months, babies can sit in this unassisted so they can start to gain eye-level communication with mom and dad.
6. What is cuter than a baby in a hooded towel? Maybe one who is in duck hooded towel?

What do you suggest as gifts for a new baby?

2 comments:

  1. My son had a bumbo & it was fantastic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got most of these things and love them ! I must say, I prefer the Moby wrap to the Ergo or Baby Bjorn.

    I would also recommend the Aiden and Anais swaddle blankets ... they are more expensive than the others, but are larger and made of muslin (so they actually swaddle appropriately, and don't overheat baby).

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.