I had my friend and new mom, Ashley, help me come up with a few of these gift ideas. I think any gifts that are helpful like showing up and cleaning up the house without asking or cooking a homemade meal are the best but if you aren't local, try these items.
1. When Ashley's son, Reid, was first born, I sent the new parents a box of chocolate covered strawberries. They are such a decadent treat but also healthy and I figured they were something they could share with visitors - but only if they wanted to.
2. New moms (and dads) are up every couple of hours during the night with the new baby. It is nice to have something cozy to snuggle up in, like a robe, during feedings, especially during the winter months.
3. With a newborn at home, there really isn't much time to do your make-up. Red lipstick immediately makes someone look put together. Try NVEY ECO organic lipstick which not only gives a pop of color but also keeps lips moisturized.
4. There isn't much time to shower but new moms certainly don't want to smell like they haven't showered. Scented lotions not only moisturize but keep them smelling fresh. Try Pangea Organics Body Lotion which comes in interesting scents like Indian Lemongrass with Rosemary.
5. With no time to shower, new moms can keep their hair from getting oily by using a dry shampoo like Frederic Fekkai Au Naturel Dry Shampoo which is all natural.
6. Our splurge item is a pair of jeggings. Ashley says that she is not quite back into her old jeans that she had before she was pregnant but she dislikes constantly wearing sweats and yoga pants because she feels sloppy. Her jeggings are great because she feels more dressed up but still comfortable.
Any other ideas for a new mom? What is your fave item on the list?