25.10.11

roasted veggie and goat cheese pizza

This is delicious. If you like goat cheese, go to your nearest grocery store, collect your ingredients, and make this. You will not be disappointed.

This is a very simple recipe. It is actually so simple, I don't have any measurements. If you like a lot of veggies, then add more veggies. If you like more cheese, then add more cheese. If you don't like eggplant but love peppers, swap them.

However, although this recipe is simple, roasting the veggies does add to the cooking time. Since I knew I would be making this on a Monday night after work, I actually chopped and roasted my vegetables while I made dinner Sunday night. That way, on Monday, all I had to do was piece my pizza together.

I usually keep homemade pizza dough frozen in my freezer but I was out and with all the traveling there really wasn't enough time to make any so I used store bought. I used Trader Joe's Garlic and Herb pizza dough. I am usually disappointed with store bought dough but I thought this was top notch. It turned out nice and crispy without being dry and it was only 99 cents! I just had to use a bit of flour to roll it out as it was a little sticky. And I think the herbs really complimented this pizza although I think a plain or wheat pizza dough would work just fine.

ROASTED VEGGIE AND GOAT CHEESE PIZZA

zucchini, roughly chopped
eggplant, roughly chopped
onion, roughly chopped
garlic cloves, minced
EVOO
red pepper flakes (if you want your pizza a little spicy)
salt and pepper
pizza dough
mozzarella, shredded
goat cheese

Pre-heat oven to 375 F. Toss zucchini, eggplant, onion, garlic, EVOO, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper in a bowl until vegetables are evenly coated. Place vegetables on a baking sheet and roast, for about 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are cooked through.

Pre-heat oven to 425 F. If you are using a pizza stone, place it in the oven to warm it. Roll out pizza dough and placed on warm stone or baking sheet. Drizzle with EVOO and thinly coat entire pizza. Add garlic. Sprinkle a little bit of mozzarella on dough but you only need a little. Add roasted vegetables to dough. Crumble goat cheese over pizza. Bake in oven for 12 minutes.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. yum yum yum!



    http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.