21.9.11

terrain in pa

On our way to NJ this past weekend, the Hubs made a detour for me to terrain at the styer's in Glen Mills, Pa. Terrain is the garden love child of the Urban/Anthro brand. Through the website and at their one store location, you can buy beautiful housewares (very similar to what you would find in an Anthropologie store) as well as garden-related items. The store is styled just as you think it would be - the Hubs got a 10 minute dissertation on Anthro styling from me.

The actual store however is only part of what you will find there. Terrain was built on the Styer's which is an old nursery now functioning as an eco-friendly garden center. I wish I lived closer since I noticed they offered a wide-variety of classes - I would have loved to take the terrarium class.

There is also a café that I wanted to eat lunch at while we were there. Unfortunately, we didn't think there would be a wait and after shopping for 40 minutes we didn't have enough time to wait and then eat lunch and get to the rehearsal dinner in time. Next time I am there, I will be sure to put my name on the list pre-browsing.

Whether or not you have a green thumb, if you are in the Philly area, this is a fun place to stop. Have you ever been?

2 comments:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.