22.9.11

guest post: tessa from everyday love

Hi there! My name is Tessa, you’ll find me posting about fashion, food, décor, and more over on Everyday Love. When I started blogging at the end of last year Morgan was one of my first non-family followers and she has been a great supporter since then, so I was thrilled when she asked me to guest post.

On opposite sides of the world, Morgan is getting ready for cooler weather while I’m gearing up for a hot summer in Cape Town. Thinking about clothes, which I do all day long, there’s only one item I could think of that knows no season – my trusty jeans. I could wear them every day and be the happiest girl alive! So as we start our shopping for the new season, I’d like to share with you a few tips from the experts as well as some inspiration from the ever-stylish J Crew.

The surprisingly flattering piece on any woman is… “Wide-leg jeans or boot-cut jeans. They really elongate the leg. People think they have to wear everything skin-tight to look smaller, but that’s just not the case.” Rachel Zoe

“Skinny jeans: Not for all women. You have to have the right figure and confidence to wear them. When buying skinny jeans, look for jeans with stretch and little, or no, wash in dark hues. Light, distressed denim can look messy.” Tim Gunn

Go Natural: With a goal of being "effortlessly cool and sexy," opt for a V-neck top paired with skinny jeans. "Nothing is more alluring to a man than a woman who looks good in her jeans." Nina Garcia

"White jeans freshen up anything you wear, from a navy blazer and striped tee to an embellished tunic top or bright twinset. They also tend to feel a bit dressier than blue jeans. As for the fear factor, if light-colored pants fit well, they will not make your butt and hips seem bigger." O magazine's creative director, Adam Glassman

What style are you in search of this season? I’m loving those black matchstick jeans!

2 comments:

  1. Great post. Can't wait to stop by your blog and start reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have to disagree with you/rachel on the wide-leg jeans. i am a tall size 6, and wide-leg jeans make me look like a sailor. it's simply too much fabric and volume when one is my height. they look best on medium height ladies, who have the option of pairing them with a heel.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.