14.8.11

weekend: rainy everyday

watching the rain from our bedroom . . . chocolate chip cookies right out of the oven
~~~~
a little inspiration for the coming week:

these videos make me restless

such a cute gift for a child

i wish i was here

just my style

great video about anthro's fall collection
~~~~
Friday night, the Hubs and I went out for Mexican and I ate so much I felt sick the rest of the night. I really need to learn to have more willpower. Saturday, we helped the SIL move into a new place. Luckily the rain held off until right after we finished moving everything inside. We drove back to Salisbury and had pizza with the in-laws who had been watching Peyton for a few days. Then we came home and watched Life As We Know It. Today we slept in - way in - until 9 50. I can't remember the last time I slept that late. We got up slowly, headed to the grocery store and then to lunch. Then we had a day in bed watching movies and listening the rain come down outside. I also finished The Help today. It is a really great book - you should check it out if you haven't already. I am excited to see the movie although I am sure I will be disappointed. The movie never seems to be as good as the book.

How was your weekend?

2 comments:

  1. The movie is actually better than the book, IMHO. I had issues with the book because of the way Stockett writes the black characters - with over-the-top, Mammy-style incoherence. It came off racist to me, particularly from the pen of a privileged white woman. Viola Davis and Octavia Spencer breathed so much life into their roles and made the characters realistic and approachable as intelligent, but repressed, black women in the 60s.

    les années folles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo....Silpat! Fancy! I also watched Life As We Know It and slept in. :) Wasn't it great?! (both parts)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.