28.8.11

weekend: hurricane irene

wind and rain blowing outside . . . a little afternoon moscato to welcome irene . . . a battery-operated radio for power-outage-induced-dance parties . . . a wet pup . . . a walk for a dog (who thought we were crazy going out in that mess) . . . magazine reading by flashlight
~~~~
a little inspiration for the coming week:

what a beautiful ad spot

how cool is this pet bed?


i want one

a little glee

what a pretty diy
~~~~
Friday night, the Hubs and I tried the new Georgia House restaurant in Salisbury. I had been to one of the restos in Delaware but not to the one that just opened in Salisbury. I ate the best creamed spinach I have ever had - not too much cream and very fresh and crisp. And I think it is so cool that you can get pretzel salad as a side. Saturday was spent waiting for Irene, watching tv coverage, reading magazines, and indulging in our drinks of choice for the day. We only lost power for two hours so we were pretty lucky. I barely slept last night, though - the wind and rain were so loud and I was afraid the tall but skinny tree outside our window was going to fall. This morning I awoke at 6:30 to check to see if we still had power, which we did. I did a little quiet dance and went back to sleep. We lost power this morning, weirdly at 8 am. So we went out in search of breakfast and did some exploring. There were lots of trees down as well as some power lines but it was not nearly as bad as it could have been. When we got back our power was back. It was a surprisingly beautiful day considering what the start of the weekend was like and I spent the day cleaning and spending a little time outside reading.

How did you spend your weekend? I hope you stayed safe and dry.

1 comment:

  1. I love that couch! You look so cozy, despite the crazy weather happening just outside. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.