10.8.11

the girls

I need a day with the girls. Not necessarily a wild night out; just a pretty, silly day with a lunch date, an impromptu adventure, and a lot of giggling.

I was never really a girls girl. I liked hanging with boys much better. But I was lucky to find a few really good girls in college (which I only found a few of before then.) We really weren't bitchy or catty. And I actually could stand being around them.

I remember in college crying one night of my senior year (or senior semester, I suppose.) I was graduating early, a semester before my friends. It was Halloween and I realized it would be our last Halloween in school. It also brought me one more milestone closer to mid-December when I would be finished.

So that night, I am not sure what started it, but I remember laying my head on my friend, Kathy's, lap, tears running down my face, crying, "I am going to have to live with a BOYYYYY!" That boy is now my husband but sometimes I still get that same feeling. I miss my people, my girls. (And yes, you too Brandon. Did you really think I was going to leave you out?)

It was funny, I was only going to post this picture today because it's pretty and I am super busy. But I couldn't help but feel a little homesick for my people (and yes that includes the Cockeysville, pre-college girls, as well.)

If you live with a boyfriend, fiancé, or husband, do you sometimes get the feeling you need a little girl time? What is your fave way to spend time with "your people?"

{image via my pinterest}

4 comments:

  1. oh man, i totally get this sentiment.... i have been missing my girlfriends quite a bit, old and new. one of my best friends from college just moved to berkeley, california, others are spread out around the us and the world.

    headed up to rhode island soon for a girls' weekend; cannot wait!

    miss you.

    http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all need Girl Time. So important, and even to have a mentor friend to turn to, to trust. To have fun of course. It can be so hard to be all work and not be able to let down your hair!!

    xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love girl fun. it is the best because you can connect with girls on a whole other level! boys are fun, but girls just get you, you know? love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. While I love my husband, I wish I could have two houses- one with him and then one where me and the girls meet!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.