26.7.11

turkey and basil panini

I make a lot of meals that are super simple and just "thrown together." I have never thought of posting them because I figure it is something anyone can think up. But I guess I forgot that some people are beginner cooks that read this blog. And others come from different backgrounds where an "thrown together" meal may be a curry instead of a sandwich. So, I am going to start posting some of my simpler recipes.

This first one is a turkey and basil panini. I have a panini machine but you can certainly make this grilled-cheese style, just throw a plate on top to press the sandwich a bit. I didn't post measurements because, to me, sandwiches are all about ratios. Some people like more meat; some people like more cheese. So I guess this is more of a guideline than a recipe.

TURKEY AND BASIL PANINI

slices of fresh country bread
slices of havarti cheese
slices of turkey breast
slices of tomato
basil leaves

Layer together the sandwich. I put the slices of cheese closest to the bread so everything sticks together. I like putting the basil right next to the cheese so it becomes warm and fragrant. Enjoy!

11 comments:

  1. This looks amazing. Thrilled to find and follow your blog this morning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're killing me! This looks delicious. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I think I might make this tonight. Looks so great!

    www.whatyoumakeit-coley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. whoaaa this looks divine! i love simple sandwiches and this one sounds so full of flavor! i love havarti! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy! I love grilled sandwiches and I'll be sure to put this in my arsenal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmmm thats one of my favorite sandwiches! basil is the best! xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love paninis!!! They are the best!!!
    delicatelyfierce.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That panini looks spectacular! I wish I had it right now for lunch!! (with some chips too preferably)

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks crunchy and delicious. turkey is my fav type of sandwich

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks great, and I fully support simple foods/pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, looks so yummy! I love warm, toasty sandwiches! So flipping delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.