23.6.11

members only

Are you a member of one of the fabulous "members only" shopping sites? I was a bit skeptical at first. I HATE signing up to receive emails and getting a bunch of spam in my inbox. But I was convinced to sign up for one when a friend told me a website was selling Bensimons. Although I didn't buy any that day, I saw how cool these websites could be. I have signed up for a few different ones over the past couple of months. I have only made one purchase so far: a pair of Charles by Charles David sandals for over half off. I find it just really fun to browse the websites.

Now it could be dangerous: having an email sent your inbox everyday saying there are great deals on your favorite designers. Oh and you have to buy it NOW or it will be gone. But I have created a little rule for myself. If I cannot spend the money, I simply delete the email - I don't even open it.

Some of these sites you can just sign up for while others are by invitation only. Links and invites are below to the "shopping communities" I am a "member" of. (Oh la la! SOOO exclusive. Haha!)

I only joined Century 21 recently and since I have been on a spending freeze, I haven't looked at it as much. The flash sales run much longer than other sites (72 hours) and they seem to have a more random assortment of clothing for men, women, and kids. Upcoming sales include Calvin Klein, French Connection, Betsey Johnson, and Tommy Hilfiger. You can join Century 21 here.

Joss and Main carries items for the home. You can find furniture, home accents, lighting, bakeware, cookware, serveware and much, much more. I am ridiculously excited for their rose & iris sale coming up that will have French country furniture. You can join Joss & Main here.

Swirl tends to have sales geared towards the younger, trendier crowd. Although they have designers you will recognize, they also have a lot of newbies that I have never heard of which I like. I also like that they not only carry clothing and accessories but also a lot of skin care products. I am highly intrigued by their current sale (that ends today) for myfaceworks which is selling portable "sheet" masks for your face. I may have to get a pack before the sale ends. You can join Swirl here.

I was catching up on the latest Gossip Girl season when one of the scenes panned to Lily shopping online (since she is currently on house arrest.) What website was she on? Well, GILT, of course. I love how well-organized this site is. They have clothing for men, women, and children as well as items for the home. I love the deals they also have for activities in certain cities as well as travel deals. My current obsession is their newly-added Taste section which allows you to order gourmet food right to your door. You can join GILT here.

This site is set up a lot like GILT but with a very different look. They also always have a lot of sales going at once. They always have a great selection of shoes which is very tempting. Their current Charles by Charles David sale is calling my name. You can join ideeli here.

And what is extra nice? You don't have to spend a dime "window shopping." Are any of you members of shopping websites?

4 comments:

  1. Yup, I too am on a few of these but haven't ever bought anything! I always need more time to think about my purchase than just a few hours ;-)

    Happy Thursday Dear!

    Quote Prints

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing ones.....like them all


    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Rosabellebyvasu

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also like One King's Lane and Rue La La!

    ReplyDelete
  4. as i live down the street from century 21.... literally a block.... joining the site might be overkill.

    i am the same, i just delete if i do not have the money.

    http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.