28.6.11

italian seasoned burgers with grilled corn

When my mom used to make this burger, I hated it. I wasn't too fond of oregano or onions growing up. Now I crave this burger. The Hubs prefers just a "normal" burger seasoning but every once in awhile we change it up and I make this. However, the Hubs always has the job of forming the patties - mine always come out like small deformed hockey pucks when they are done.

When I saw this corn at the farmer's market this weekend, I knew they would be perfect with our burgers. I always find that combo to be an essential American summer meal: burgers and corn. More recently, though, I have started doing the corn on the grill instead of boiling it in water like my family used to do. It leaves the kitchen heat free and there seems to be less clean-up.

ITALIAN SEASONED BURGERS
serves 4

1 1/4 lbs. ground beef (I prefer 90% lean but use whatever you like)
1 egg
1/2 Tbsp. dried oregano
1/2 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
1/2 large onion, chopped
4 slices provolone cheese
4 Italian style buns
optional: tomato slices, mixed greens, mayo

1. Using your hands, combine beef, egg, oregano, and Italian seasoning in a bowl. Add onion and combine well. Form four hamburger patties.
2. Grill patties to your desired temperature. Add provolone cheese in the last minute.
3. Put patties on buns and top with sliced tomato, mixed baby greens, and mayo.

PARSLEY GRILLED CORN
serves 4

3 Tbsp. parsley leaves
2 cloves garlic
2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, room temperature
4 ears of corn, shucked

1. In a small food processor, add parsley and garlic and puree until finely minced. Add butter and puree until well combined (you may have to mix it a bit with a spoon to combine.)
2. Place each ear of corn on an aluminum foil sheet and spread with 1/4 of the butter mixture. Wrap corn so that there are no holes for butter to melt out.
3. Grill corn for 15 to 20 minutes being careful to not grill for too long or the corn will get mushy.

Enjoy!

14 comments:

  1. yummm, i could go for a burger right now; yes, at 8:30 am. i like burgers and cowboy cavarier, basically, a chunky salsa with tomato, black bean, corn, onion, various bell peppers, cilantro, lime juice, and any other fun spices or ingredients to taste.

    http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep, I'll definitely be making this this weekend! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmm looks delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    Lauren
    mildmediumhot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So delicious! Love a simple meal that can be whipped up in no time. I will be trying the parsley on the corn very soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great recipes! Thanks for sharing them! I've always wanted to try grilling corn on the cob...my family always boiled it growing up, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmm. Italian anything sound good to me. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really need to try that corn recipe right away!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with Hubs on this one; no onions, please. :) Otherwise, sign me up! That corn looks great, too, and I love your idea of grilling instead of boiling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that would be so perfect for lunch right now – I wish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh. i love corn. so yummy looking.

    ReplyDelete
  11. yuuuumm!! so perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.