18.5.11

turn in your bridesmaid dress

You know those bridesmaid dresses in the back of your closet that the bride insisted you could wear again. Well, let's face it - you probably won't. The only exception to this, of course, are the bridesmaid dresses for my wedding because my bridesmaids absolutely could wear them again. Since they were a bit more casual, they could throw on a cardigan and a pair of flats and call it a beautiful-springtime day.
Ok, who am I kidding? Although the cardi-flat combo could work with a few of these dresses, who knows if the dresses are really their style or color preference. So here is a message to my bridesmaids: I don't care if you sell yours, give yours away, or burn it. Hey, you paid for it. I know some post-wedding brides would take offense to that but I don't. (Although, I hope I wasn't so crazy a bride that you feel the need to burn it. If so, my bad.)

But I do have another idea for you. There is a website called NewlyMaid where you can trade in your bridesmaid dress for a discounted little black dress. And what is more practical than an LBD?

Here is how it works:
1. Find your bridesmaid dress. It is probably in the very back of your closet. No but seriously it is back there, just look in the abyss section. Make sure it is still in good condition - no rips, stains, etc.
2. Send your dress to NewlyMaid by signing up for an account and ordering a pre-paid mailer.
3. Once your dress is inspected, you will receive special pricing on your account to purchase a discounted LBD.

And if you decide you don't want to buy a dress from them at least you know that your dress is either recycled to make a new dress or will be donated to charity.

Do you have any bridesmaid dresses sitting in the back of your closet? What do you think of this concept?

10 comments:

  1. o wow! what a great idea... ill have a bridesmaid dress to trade in after im in a wedding this fall. it's long and strapless...v pretty for a wedding but i wouldnt wear it anywhere else. xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is the best idea! i have a full-length chocolate brown dress that i will never wear again. totally trading that in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUCH a good idea! i'm def going to do this!
    p.s. and i'm totally checking out your grass diet! (haha). thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great idea! There's a group here that collects donated bridesmaid and prom dresses and then gives them to girls who couldn't otherwise afford a new prom dress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morgan this is one of the best ideas I have heard of. How perfect!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    Come and enter my New Giveaway from Serena & Lily! You will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a pretty smart business idea, I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Butttt I feel as though I have a few more wears out of mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a brilliant concept and really smart too. Btw: I love that top photo and those dresses are so pretty! Hugs and kisses, darling

    P.S: I'm hosting an awesome Organic cosmetics Giveaway today! Perfect for a summer glowy skin:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice color choice of bridesmaid dress and the wedding destination were great. I like the wedding couples photo. The information is useful for other engaged people. To plan the wedding easily, the free wedding planner iPhone app will be useful for planning their dream wedding.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.